Friday, December 26, 2008

Creche, part II

This time I have photos of the finished project ... after a lot of paint and "elbow grease" last week. Because of the weather, I spread the floor of the living room in old vinyl tablecloths and painted inside for a change ...

Mary is by far the most detailed (and most colorful).

There's still a few spots of white showing on her dress and cloak ...

Baby Jesus has the least amount of facial sculpting, unfortunately, since I didn't get time to fully form his features before I painted him.

His face is fairly expressive, once painted ...

His robes are green to match Mary's.

Joseph's face, the largest, has rather broad features (his arm is proportionally too small if you look closely).
His hand is curved to hold a staff or a lantern ...

I love the mottled effect of the paint that covers his cloak.

No comments: