Thursday, January 8, 2009

Don't Be Late for the Tea Party

The latest Alice doll is something new for me, since I've never really worked in black folk art or black sock dolls (that's R~Mary's department) ... but I couldn't resist trying a faded black muslin look for Alice.

The body is handstitched, with pantaloons and stripey stockings and boots painted on ... she's trimmed with vintage lace around the gown's edges (this is by far my favorite Alice dress -- also, the fanciest dress I've ever sewn).
Her face was the hardest part; I drew it twice before I was satisfied with the proportions and the shading.

Wee White Rabbit is almost pocket-sized -- just tuck him under Alice's arm as they set off for the tea party.

1 comment:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I remember first hearing that story as a child. It seemed very scary.
Marnie