Monday, February 25, 2008

March Hares and More Madness for Alice.....






The March Hare is finally finished...completing the tea table trio that treated Alice to such Wonderland madness. His jointed wire limbs are so poseable--it's the same type of rotating limb used to create the Cheshire Cat's head. The only thing that worries me is his expression doesn't seem quite mad enough....but I'm hoping his crazy side whiskers make up for it.




I've made a few Alice things for the shop this week (they're not posted on the site yet). The flamingoes and hedgehog croquet balls aren't ready yet, but the "pig baby" finished his final tea dyeing on Saturday. He's so cute I may make a version for auction (a little bigger, of course), using the same topsy-turvy design.






One moment Alice holds the Duchess's squirming baby (just like in Tenniel's prints)....






The next, a little pig.....






The rocking horse fly actually rocks on his wavy little wire frame (he's from Alice through the Looking Glass). I took a photo of him with Alice, just because he's so cute...this one shows him by himself, with his raggedy muslin tail and polka-dotted body.

















The first doll cradle should be ready in another week. I'll post pictures of it with Margaret the Doll ( a prim little muslin girl I made just for me). Hopefully, the bigger doll cradles will be ready for auction soon, with a few doll babies to boot......

No comments: