Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tweedledum and Tweedledee...the Battle Begins...

I finally finished the celebrated duelists in "Alice through the Looking Glass". This week, they'll up for auction as part of the Wonderland series. Their grungy striped legs weren't so much the problem as fitting all the pieces together with wire and glue to create the separete-pieces look for the shoes and stripey stockings. And extra grunge was added, courtesy of cinnamon and sanding. I'm pleased with the result, but there's always a little part that wonders...what would it look like if I had done "this" instead...or "that" instead.....



My favorite for this week, hands-down, is the Blue Fairy. The blue dye for her dress has a soft green effect to it, so pretty that I can't wait to dye more fabric for future projects. I gave her the "Roman drape" type dress I first experimented with in the Lady Libertys (who'll be back for this 4th of July). Her tiny little face has such expression...it makes me think I should make a Pinocchio soon to match her.




Other than woodwork in the shop for the Online Shop, it's been a quiet week at Cordwood Cabin. The cats are covered in sawdust from mouse hunting while the wooden houses are cut out and fitted together. Mouse, of course, is the best hunter of them all (since Sabrina refuses to set foot in the shop, mostly on principle). Poppy is too distracted to notice the scent from a busy mouse whose nest we found in the storage closet; but not too distracted to crawl into anybody's lap who happens to be sitting down.




Angus wishes he could come inside, too. But the cats have a rule that all dogs must stay out.






1 comment:

Artfulife said...

I love the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, too cute. I have a spot waiting for them by my Alice and White Rabbit if I am able to win the auction. What an awesome shop. I do wish I had a workspace to call my own, but the kitchen table will have to do for now. Hope all is well with you all at the cabin. Give my hello's to the cats and the cute dog! Take care and I will talk to you guys later.

PS. A Phinochio would be awesome!